Proper maintenance for your wig...
Q: Can I use heat on my wig?
A: While we don't recommend applying heat to wigs, most of our wigs are in fact heat resistant. You can find out if your wig is heat friendly through the items description.
Q: How do I comb my wig?
A: With a wide tooth comb, gently start combing the hair from bottom to top. This reduces breakage and shedding.
Q: How do I wash my wig?
- Properly comb your wig, ridding it of any tangles prior to washing.
- Fill sink or basin with cold water & add a bit of wig shampoo.
- Agitate water.
- Completely submerge wig in water and lightly swirl it. Let it soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse wig in gently flowing cold water.
- Repeat the steps above with wig conditioner if conditioning is needed or desired.
- Carefully pat dry with a towel. Do not rub or wring the wig.
- Allow the wig to completely air dry. Doing so will preserve the original style of the wig.
- Do not brush or comb wig until completely dry.
Q: Can I use regular hair products on my wig?
A: To optimize the longevity of your wig, we recommend to only use products specifically formulated for synthetic hair. We also highly recommend to keep your wig away from perfumes, aerosols,etc.
Proper maintenance for your hair extensions...
Q: Can I dye my hair extensions?
A: Yes you can, although we wouldn't recommend it. Hair extensions are already processed to be a certain color and further process will damage your hair extensions and still doesn't guarantee you'll end up with the tone you dye it.
Q: Can I wash my extensions?
A: Absolutely! We highly recommend you keep your extensions clean. Baby shampoo or products that are free from parabens and sulfates are best to use as they won't strip the moisture off the hair. Every once in a while, use a deep conditioning mask or oils to re-hydrate the hair as extensions do not produce any natural oils to replenish the fiber. Never comb while wet.
Q: Can I curl/ straighten my extensions?
A: Yes! Your hair extensions are human hair and can endure heat, but just like our hair with excessive heat comes damage. To minimize harm, use a heat protectant.
-Use a wide tooth comb to reduce breakage.
-When brushing, start from the bottom and work your way to the top while holding the hair in place with your other hand. This reduces shedding.
-Apply clips as close to the root as possible to enhance grip.
-Keep the hair away from any aerosols & perfumes as the harmful chemicals in them can cause damage to the hair.
-Try to refrain from sleeping or showering in your extensions, the harsh movements in these activities can cause tangling.